I refuse to watch the impeachment trial as a matter of principle. To devote any attention to this charade would legitimize the corruption of our Constitution. Tuning in would be a tacit acceptance of the blizzard of BS that has buried the national discourse. At least since Donald Trump’s election in 2016, Democrats and their media allies have demanded that we view their smears and lies as high-minded pursuits of the truth. Consider:
- When they insisted that Trump was a Russian asset, we were told to believe they were safeguarding national security.
- When they accused Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault and even gang rape, we were told to believe they were protecting the Supreme Court.
- When in 2019 they made Trump only the third president in history to be impeached – and the only one not accused of committing a high crime or misdemeanor – we were told to believe they were defending the rule of law.
- When scores of BLM protests turned violent last summer, they told us to believe that the gatherings were mostly peaceful.
- When antifa thugs destroyed property, beat citizens and occupied public lands, they told us to believe that the group didn’t even exist.
- When some undefined, unaffiliated people online appeared to subscribe to crazy conspiracy theories involving Satan and pedophiles, they told us to believe it was a vast and highly organized group called QAnon that was intent on overthrowing the government.
- When they argued that “whiteness” and “white privilege” are the underlying source of America’s problems, they told us to believe they were trying to heal the nation.
- When they censored allegations of the Biden family’s corruption, they told us to believe they were fighting disinformation.
- When they allowed Twitter mobs to destroy people who had once said something they didn’t agree with or like, they told us to believe that they were seeking justice.
- And, when they demonize and silence the tens of millions of people who oppose their quest for domination, they tell us to believe they are seeking unity.
Those are just 10 examples; there are scores of others. From their position of power in Washington, Hollywood, Silicon Valley and academia, progressives continually manufacture false narratives that insult reason and decency and demand that we accept them as virtuous.
They are a most dangerous type – unserious people who are deadly serious. I refuse to submit.